Sunday, October 18

BREAKING NEWS: WWE sign former UK Gladiator Barri Griffiths aka Goliath

Barri Griffiths

The Caernarfon Herald has an article on WWE Wrestling newest signee Tremadog’s biggest character and former Gladiators star Barri Griffiths, aka as as “Barri 10 foot”.

Here he talks about recenlty getting in contact with the WWE Wrestling.

“I was preparing for the Paul O’Grady show when someone from the WWE phoned me asking if I could go and see them.

“They were hosting a show at the 02 arena in London at the time so I went down and had a word with them and they said they had an interest in taking me over there.

“I was overjoyed, I stayed around for a bit of the show and it was nice to see some of the wrestlers in the flesh.

“I also met Shane McMahon (Executive Vice President of WWE Global Media) briefly and shook hands with him.”

Speaking about his contract, Barri said: “It’s an exciting prospect.

“I think I’ll miss home but I certainly won’t lose any of my Welshness.

“Nobody knows me over there so I’ll be starting from scratch and I know I have to prove myself.

“I’m very excited and the hard work doesn’t bother me because I enjoy keeping fit and going to the gym.

“For me, it’s like being chosen to play for a Premiership football club, who could refuse the chance to become a WWE superstar?”

Barri’s trainer and manager Orig Williams said: “If Barri continues to progress in the way he has done in the short time he has been with us, I have no doubt he will become a future WWE Champion.”

Barri will be taking part in a farewell event at the Ganolfan in Porthmadog on Tuesday, October 27 at 7.30pm. Tickets cost £9 for adults and £7 for children and are on sale at Siop Eifionydd on (01766) 514045 and at the Ganolfan (01766) 513373.


Barri Griffiths


Align Centre

No comments:

WWEAdikt Labels

"Mr. FCW" (1) Abraham Washington (2) Alberto Banderas (Dos Caras (1) Alicia Fox (1) Batista (6) Beth Phoenix (1) Brock Lesnar (1) Bryan Danielson (1) Chavo Guerrero (3) Chris Jericho (5) Christian (4) CM Punk (5) Cody Rhodes (2) Cryme Time (3) Divas Championship (1) DJ Gabriel (1) Dolph Ziggler (3) Dos Caras Jr (1) Drew McIntyre (2) DX (3) ECW (3) ECW Champion (4) Eric Escobar (1) Evan Bourne (2) Ezekiel Jackson (3) FCW (3) Gail Kim (1) Goldust (2) Guest Host (1) Hall of Fame (1) HBK (2) HHH (2) Hurricane (2) Jack Swagger (2) Jamie Noble (1) JeriShow (3) Jerry Lawler (1) Jillian (1) Jim Ross (3) Jimmy Uso (1) Jimmy Wang Yang (1) John Cena (5) John Morrison (3) Jr.) (1) JsBarBQ.com (2) Kane (3) Katie Lea-Burchill (2) Kelly Kelly (2) Kofi Kingston (5) Kyle Rasmussen (1) Lance Cade (1) Lauren Mayhew (1) Layla (2) Legacy (1) Low Ki (known as Kawal in developmental) (1) Mark Henry (3) Maryse Return (1) Matt Hardy (3) Matt Striker (1) Melina (3) Michelle McCool (2) Mickie James (3) MSG (1) MVP (3) New Talent (1) Paul Burchill (4) R-Truth (4) Randy Orton (5) Raw (3) Retirement (1) Rey Mysterio (6) Ricky Hatton (1) Rikishi (1) Roddy Piper (1) Rosa Mendes (3) Royal Rumble (1) Santino Marella (1) Shane McMahon (1) Shawn Michaels (2) Sheamus (2) Shelton Benjamin (3) Smackdown (3) Squash Match (1) Survivor Series (4) Ted DiBiase (2) Teddy Long (2) The Hart Dynasty (3) The Miz (2) The Undertaker (5) Tiffany (1) TLC PPV (2) Todd Grisham (1) Tommy Dreamer (2) Trinity McCray (1) Triple H (2) Vance Archer (4) Vickie Guerrero (1) Vladamir Kozlov (4) William Regal (4) Wrestlemania (1) Wrestlemania XXVI (2) WWE (12) WWE.com (1) Yoshi Tatsu (3) Zack Ryder (4) Zivile Raudoniene (1)